You have no doubt seen Illinois Tea Party Congressman Joe Walsh on television lately. He has put himself front and center in the debt ceiling debate currently embarrassing the United States. Mr. Walsh espouses extreme right wing views and claims to believe in fiscal responsibility. His website includes a video in which he accuses President Obama of spending money like a “drunken sailor”
As is usually the case with politicians and others who seek publicity and personal gain at the expense of others the trail of deceit, lies and bad acts eventually catches up with them – yes, we call that Karma!
The Tea Party espouses supposed “financial responsibility”. While their constant comparison of the economics of running the country to that of running a household budget is ridiculously simplistic, you would at least expect them to elect representatives with spotless personal financial records.
Joe Walsh is a personal financial train wreck:
- in 2008 his home was foreclosed on.
- he has traffic citations for not having car insurance.
- he has a record of bounced checks.
- he is being sued by a former campaign manager who claims Mr. Walsh owes him $20,000.
- he is a deadbeat dad who’s ex-wife has sued for $117,000 in back child support.
- he started paying the full amount of court ordered child support per month only after his congressional paycheck was garnished.
- he reportedly took two international vacations with his girlfriend even though he could not pay his child support.
Does this sound like a guy who knows anything about fiscal responsibility? Yet, he is currently part of the group holding the entire world’s economy hostage by claiming to know what is best financially.
Pass the bourbon, Matey!